Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GWT Help For Beginners


Since I had worked in GWT framework, I would like to share my knowledge as a help to those who want to use GWT and had not been able to do so. I have listed the steps to configure and run GWT projects. This is just the starting and I will post more articles further.



Steps for using GWT

1. Download GWT from here.
(I have just used this version of gwt as an example and you can follow the same procedure for earlier versions as well. As I have not used gwt 1.6 yet, I do not know whether this works for it too.)
More...
2. Extract it to one of your drives.

3. Set path of the folder where applicationcreator and projectcreator files are located.

e.g. D:\gwt-windows-1.5.3\gwt-windows-1.5.3 (As shown in figure)



4. Go to command prompt and create a directory in any of the drives. Now, create a project as shown in the figure.

Click on the image for a large-sized figure.



5. Now open Eclipse IDE and import the project as shown below:









6. Click Finish.



7. Now browse and select the project.



8. Once you click on Run button (), you will see the output as shown in figure.



I hope this post will help you to create your own GWT project.
For further comments and suggestions, you are warmly welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment